Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover a deleted pages document on a Mac?

I tried deleting a page of the document and it ended up deleting everything and I had my Biology notes in there. How do I retrieve it? I have the newer Mac Air, if that helps a bit.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 3:37 AM

If you have saved the document at least once, and have any part of the document left visible, you can use the Revert > Browse all versions item in the File menu to restore any saved version.

If you have saved the document at least once since starting it and have Time Machine running, you should be able to enter Time Machine and scroll back to the most recent version prior to your deleting the page, and restore it from there.

If you do NOT have Time Machine (or some other back up system) running, it may still be possible to recover the document, the process could be quite involved, and quite expensive.

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 3:37 AM in response to oogabooga2

If you have saved the document at least once, and have any part of the document left visible, you can use the Revert > Browse all versions item in the File menu to restore any saved version.

If you have saved the document at least once since starting it and have Time Machine running, you should be able to enter Time Machine and scroll back to the most recent version prior to your deleting the page, and restore it from there.

If you do NOT have Time Machine (or some other back up system) running, it may still be possible to recover the document, the process could be quite involved, and quite expensive.

Barry

How to recover a deleted pages document on a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.