Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Utility FIRST AID error: "Mismatch between extentref entry reference count"...

I am getting a ton of these errors (over 100) when I run Disk Utility First Aid on the Fusion Drive of my late-2012 iMac (see attached). They do not resolve when I run First Aid multiple times. What should I do about these errors, if anything? Thank you

It then ends with: "Operation successful."

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 11:41 AM

I've seen the problem reported before on Fusion Drives. Since Disk Utility completes with "Operation Successful" I don't think there's actually a problem. But you can run DriveDx to double check. DriveDx is a more robust utility than DU. If you need any help interpreting the report you can post it here.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Narthex99

I've seen the problem reported before on Fusion Drives. Since Disk Utility completes with "Operation Successful" I don't think there's actually a problem. But you can run DriveDx to double check. DriveDx is a more robust utility than DU. If you need any help interpreting the report you can post it here.

Disk Utility FIRST AID error: "Mismatch between extentref entry reference count"...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.