Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

child forgot passcode to get into her iPhone 6

My 9 year old forgot her passcode, she’s on my Apple Music family sharing plan.I have an XR, and she has a 6. Is there anyway for me to get her passcode or change it without resetting it back to factory again? It unfortunately was never backed up.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 4:35 PM

No, the only way is to restore the phone as new, then restore a backup. As she doesn’t have one there is no way to recover any data other than data she may have synced to iCloud. At least it’s a good opportunity to learn the importance of backups. You can set up the phone to back up automatically every night. Go to Settings/{user name}/iCloud and turn on Backup. Then leave the phone locked, plugged in to power, and connected to Wi-Fi overnight, every night. A new iCloud backup will be created (a backup is not the same as sync.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 4:35 PM in response to Redsonia113

No, the only way is to restore the phone as new, then restore a backup. As she doesn’t have one there is no way to recover any data other than data she may have synced to iCloud. At least it’s a good opportunity to learn the importance of backups. You can set up the phone to back up automatically every night. Go to Settings/{user name}/iCloud and turn on Backup. Then leave the phone locked, plugged in to power, and connected to Wi-Fi overnight, every night. A new iCloud backup will be created (a backup is not the same as sync.)

Jan 4, 2020 4:35 PM in response to Redsonia113

Sorry, but no. It will need to restored using your home computer with iTunes and without a backup all her data is gone. Do yourself a favor, write these important passwords and passcodes down somewhere for future reference.

Use this link to erase the iPhone --> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

child forgot passcode to get into her iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.