Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving away phone

Hi, my little cousin wants to buy my iPhone 11 and I’m all for it. I recently bought an iPhone 8 Plus to replace the iPhone 11 and was wondering:

1.) Before I give my cousin my iPhone 11, do I have to remove the sim-card?

2.) If I leave the sim-card can Verizon clear my phone number from the sim-card and upload her number?

3.) Can an iPhone 11 sim-card work in an iPhone 8 Plus without any complications?

4.) Can an iPhone 6s sim-card work in an iPhone 11 without any complications?

I’m currently with Verizon and don’t want to change my services. Im just trying to find the easiest way to have both our phone numbers activated on the right phones..

Any information is helpful!!!

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 5:50 AM

Hello.

1. Yes of course
  2. I bet no, but contact them.
  3. Yes
  4. Yes

Also take a look at the article below before giving your iPhone away:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 5, 2020 5:53 AM in response to heaven117

1. If you want to use the number in another iPhone/Phone, you will have to remove and get another SIM for this iPhone
  2. I don't think you can use the same SIM and activate another Phone number. Not addressing e-SIM
  3. Yes it will work. Both iPhone 8+ and iPhone 11 use nano SIM cards. Hence there won't be an issue
  4. Yes it will work. Both iPhone 6S and iPhone 11 use nano SIM cards. Hence there won't be an issue

Giving away phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.