Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic during video call not working with certain apps

I just bought a new iPhone 6s Plus. I have several calling apps on it such as Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, Viber. When I use any of these apps over a video call, they don’t work on speaker. The person on the other end can’t hear my voice. I have tried turning off the phone, reset the network settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, but nothing worked. The iOS version that I am running is 13.3. It only works on FaceTime. What is the fix for this?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 7:00 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 7, 2020 3:34 PM in response to ddoc123

Hey ddoc123,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you're unable to use your mic on certain calling apps. I'd be happy to look into this with you.

You've done great steps so far. To continue, I'd use the article here:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If you've completed these steps and you're still having trouble, please contact Apple Support:

contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

Jan 12, 2020 7:42 AM in response to jeremy_v

Hey Jeremy_v,

Thank you for your response. I tried the steps on the link your provided, but that didn't solve my problem. I personally believe it has to with iOS 13.3. Also, like I said it works on Factime. I would like to downgrade my iOS to 13.2.3 if possible. Please provide me with the steps to do that.

Regards,

ddoc123

Mic during video call not working with certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.