Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Migration Assistant between High Sierra and Catalina

Hi, I have an old iMac that only supports up to MacOS High Sierra and a brand new out the box iMac that's running MacOS Catalina.

can I use migration assistant to transfer everything from the old Mac to the new one or do both Mac's have to have the exact same Mac OS version?

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 7:39 AM

Hi, the migration process worked fine for the main admin account. Took around 40+ hours to complete.

But the other account on the system failed to transfer so I had to do it again with just the other account ticked, that took a further 15 hours or so but transferred fine. So in the end it all worked out fine :)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2020 7:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi, the migration process worked fine for the main admin account. Took around 40+ hours to complete.

But the other account on the system failed to transfer so I had to do it again with just the other account ticked, that took a further 15 hours or so but transferred fine. So in the end it all worked out fine :)

Using Migration Assistant between High Sierra and Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.