Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync music from Mac Catalina to iphone

Under Catalina where/how do I go to select albums from my iMac with Catalina to sync to my iOS iPhone running 13.3? I did have a temp Apple Music subscription but cancelled the trial now just want to sync albums from my local library to the iPhone.

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 5:43 PM

Hello starbux48,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with syncing music.

With macOS Catalina, you will need to use Finder. This article will help: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Make sure you disable Sync Library because if this is enabled, syncing with the Finder may be disabled. "If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, some syncing features through the Finder might be turned off."

This article will help to make sure you disabled Sync Library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 5:43 PM in response to starbux48

Hello starbux48,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with syncing music.

With macOS Catalina, you will need to use Finder. This article will help: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Make sure you disable Sync Library because if this is enabled, syncing with the Finder may be disabled. "If you use iCloud or other services like Apple Music to keep your content up to date across all of your devices, some syncing features through the Finder might be turned off."

This article will help to make sure you disabled Sync Library: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Jan 11, 2020 4:00 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Alex, you seem to be the expert in synching an Ipod with a Mac. With Catalina, how do I now synch specific Albums with my Ipod. If synching from the finder, I select Album, and it just shows me all of the album names in my music library. How do I know which artist they are associated with? I have lots of "Greatest Hits" albums, and I don't know which one is which. In Itunes it used to show me both the album name and the artist at the same time.

How to sync music from Mac Catalina to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.