Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What type charger does original MacBook Air take. Mine disappeared at airport security last week.

What type charger does original MacBook Air take. Mine disappeared at airport security last week.

I need to buy a replacement. Is it Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for MacBook Air?

CA

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:17 PM

Pretty much any original MagSafe power adapter should work, although that one came with the 45W version. As long as it attaches, it should be safe to use.

They're all meant to be compatible, although going smaller in rated power than what it came with may not be a good idea.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 4:17 PM in response to carole5449

Pretty much any original MagSafe power adapter should work, although that one came with the 45W version. As long as it attaches, it should be safe to use.

They're all meant to be compatible, although going smaller in rated power than what it came with may not be a good idea.

Jan 5, 2020 4:49 PM in response to carole5449

Not even sure you could get an OEM replacement battery for that since it's so old. Apple has definitely discontinued ordering them from its suppliers and I doubt there's any stock left even if Apple would be willing to do it. Your only reasonable options (other than used) would be aftermarket.

My only issue with a machine that old is that I can't get them to work with modern websites. Banking websites don't seem to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.