Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacAir charger too Big to stay in the wall power outlet

The charger of MacAir is very big and thick and most time it`s needed an extension to avoid it to fall when put in the wall to charge.

Would suggest that the Big box charger could be put in the middle of the cord or in the end closer to the computer instead of in the end at the wall.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 12:59 AM

Thank you for your reply, however when you perchasse something like an Apple product it`s suppose to come with all the solutions. My suggestion is to at least have the possibility to that the power adaptar could have the option of be put next to the computer since it`s too large for some countries. I also understand that some people maybe bothered about it bit just ler it go.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 12:59 AM in response to John Galt

Thank you for your reply, however when you perchasse something like an Apple product it`s suppose to come with all the solutions. My suggestion is to at least have the possibility to that the power adaptar could have the option of be put next to the computer since it`s too large for some countries. I also understand that some people maybe bothered about it bit just ler it go.

Nov 25, 2022 1:53 PM in response to scleberbr

I've never had that issue with MacBook Air power adapters or the somewhat larger MacBook Pro power adapters but I can see it being an issue if wall sockets are older and have become looser. Both models used to come with the following extension cord but that was discontinued several years ago. They are still sold separately. Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. You may want to also post the suggestion to Apple via Feedback - MacBook Air - Apple

Nov 27, 2022 9:28 AM in response to scleberbr

scleberbr wrote:

Thank you for your reply, however when you perchasse something like an Apple product it`s suppose to come with all the solutions.

Is that so.

You can certainly box up your Mac and all its components and send them back to Apple for a full cash refund, and use the money to buy something else — with all the solutions. Good luck with that.

Power outlet configuration varies all over the world, and Apple builds their products for use all over the world. Here are a few representative pictures:

Grounded receptacle:

Ungrounded:

This photo shows a Mac power adapter plugged into a wall receptacle, which happens to be one commonly used option:

My suggestion is to at least have the possibility to that the power adaptar could have the option of be put next to the computer since it`s too large for some countries.

This last picture shows the power adapter put next to the computer (which is not shown, but it happens to be a few inches to the left):

As you can see, right out of the box Apple provides a variety of options. The "extension cord" shown is one of the $1.95 options available to you, or you can spend ten times as much for Apple's pretty white cord. Or return your Mac for a full cash refund. It's up to you.

Nov 27, 2022 8:08 AM in response to scleberbr

scleberbr wrote:

Sorry but your logic makes no sense. If it is supposed to come with all the solutions how come it does not come with: an expansion dock, an external display, external backup drive, rear facing camera, etc.?

MacAir charger too Big to stay in the wall power outlet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.