Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 is disabled & it says to connect with itunes but it isn't working

I need to get my iPhone 6 connected to iTunes to enable it. it is disabled & says to connect with iTunes but I have tried everything but the correct thing for days!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 4:28 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2020 7:17 AM in response to pogie53

It doesn't need to be previously set up with the laptop. You can use any Windows or Mac computer.

You need to be sure the phone is turned off before you start and pay particular attention to the following step:

iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod touch (6th generation or earlier), or iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device.

Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

If you follow the steps exactly and it doesn't work, see the Get more help section in If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

my iphone 6 is disabled & it says to connect with itunes but it isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.