Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove home videos from my apple tv 'list'?

I used Brian Brown Cash-Dollar's extremely helpful advice on transferring home movies/DVDs into the Apple TV repository, but don't know how to remove them. I have hundreds of movies and would prefer to keep only a fraction of them in circulation at any one time, so it would be useful to know how to remove the old ones and replace with new titles. Any help gratefully received!

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 10:20 AM

Hello Quailmail,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to delete movies from the TV app on your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the steps in the "See more options" section of this article and give them at try: Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 10:20 AM in response to Quailmail

Hello Quailmail,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to delete movies from the TV app on your Mac. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

Take a look at the steps in the "See more options" section of this article and give them at try: Manage your library in the Apple TV app on Mac.

Take care.

Jan 11, 2020 1:52 AM in response to Quailmail

Doh! Sorry to have asked such a rookie question! I used to manage my films in finder, using the iTunes path. It seems that the latest incarnation of IOS hides them in its own directory so that they can't be located on a search. I didn't actually consider just deleting them in the app! Sorry to have missed the bleedin' obvious - and thanks for taking the trouble to reply :)

How do I remove home videos from my apple tv 'list'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.