Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view Apple TV app's "Home Videos" on my 4th Generation Apple TV?

I have .mp4 movie files uploaded in the "Home Video" section of Apple TV on my MacBook. When I go to my 4th Generation Apple TV's "Apple TV" app, I don't see an option to view Home Videos. How do I sync them?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2020 4:10 PM

Home Sharing must be turned on, please refer to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202190 to learn how to turn it on:

1. Computer
  2. Apple TV
5 replies

Feb 3, 2020 4:16 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks. I've already done that. I can access the professional movies, my personal pictures, and my music on MacBook Pro via the 4th Gen Apple TV apps ("Apple TV", "Movies/Itunes", "Photos", "Music") but they don't allow me to see the movie files I've imported on my MacBook to iTunes (now within the Apple TV app on MacBook in Catalina OS).

Feb 3, 2020 8:10 PM in response to Sakejikid

Ok, here is what I do when I have that issue. First verify the MacBook and the Apple TV are on the same network. Then on the MacBook, turn off Home Sharing - Quit iTunes - Re-start iTunes - Turn on Home Sharing. On the Apple TV - Restart Apple TV - verify Home Sharing is on - Check the network for both the Apple TV and the Mac Book are still on the same network and then re-test.

How do I view Apple TV app's "Home Videos" on my 4th Generation Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.