Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Watch My Videos in Samsung Apple TV App?

The only content that shows up in the Library section of the Apple TV app (Samsung Q90) is what was purchased from Apple. How do I access other videos that are on my computer? On my Apple TV (3rd gen), it shows everything that's on my computer in iTunes (iTunes 12.9, MacOS 10.14), for example my home movies. The same applies to the Apple TV app on my phone, it only shows purchased content, not my own, so I can't watch via AirPlay on my TV. Is it no longer possible to watch my videos on anything other than my computer?

QTQ90,

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 8:49 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jun 19, 2021 1:10 AM in response to John Baro1

What about the TV app on my iPhone? They used to [show up there]

I have noticed that change too. Home Sharing home videos do not appear anymore in their own category on iPhone or iPad, while movies and TV shows still do. Home videos now appear mixed in with movies. I have reported it as a something to be fixed. The change happened somewhere in the iOS 14.x updates. It depends on the phone software, not other devices. But … one couldn’t AirPlay home shared content anyway, that’s double streaming and unsupported, and will result in an error.

Media Sharing is NOT an option for me in Sharing Preferences.

On macOS Catalina or Big Sur, Home Sharing is an option in System Preferences﹥Sharing﹥Media Sharing.

Jun 23, 2021 11:13 AM in response to John Baro1

I got out my old Apple TV (3rd gen), and connected it. I can no longer use it to connect to my computer. It tells me to turn Home Sharing on, but that is not an option for me (macOS 10.14.6). This used to work. I also tried AirPlay to the AppleTV (instead of to the Samsung TV), and it partially works. I get audio with a black screen. This too used to work.

Unless there is some other format/codec I can try, I'm out of ideas. It kind of sucks that these things just stop working.

How Do I Watch My Videos in Samsung Apple TV App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.