Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch downloaded content via Apple TV

I have movies, TV Shows and home videos downloaded on my MacBook Pro. I would like to watch them using the Apple TV attached to our TV without using Airplay or having the MacBook open. Isn't there a way to upload the content to our iCloud storage and play them from there?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 10:04 AM

Movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can be streamed online, directly from Apple’s servers. As that is the default, I assume you are aware of that.

Home videos can be stored in iCloud Photos, the online repository of the Photos app, from where they can be accessed on Apple TV through the Photos app there.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 10:04 AM in response to con_apple

Movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can be streamed online, directly from Apple’s servers. As that is the default, I assume you are aware of that.

Home videos can be stored in iCloud Photos, the online repository of the Photos app, from where they can be accessed on Apple TV through the Photos app there.

Watch downloaded content via Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.