Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

can i store movies and shows purchased from apple tv on a hard drive?

i basically want to purchase movies and put them in my hard drive to play later if for whatever reason the store stops selling that movie or show (license issues)

if I can do this, where can I watch those movies? Can I watch on an apple tv app or Do I need to watch on my iphone/ipad/mac (whatever apple)?

Apple TV

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 2:15 AM

You can store the downloaded movies on a hard drive.

You can then watch on the device through which you downloaded it, or stream using AirPlay.

(Re)download movies and TV shows that you purchased - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

Home Sharing will also work, if the content is downloaded in .m4v format (currently .movpkg will not work).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2022 2:15 AM in response to Falseroxas

You can store the downloaded movies on a hard drive.

You can then watch on the device through which you downloaded it, or stream using AirPlay.

(Re)download movies and TV shows that you purchased - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

Home Sharing will also work, if the content is downloaded in .m4v format (currently .movpkg will not work).

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.