Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find the log of family purchases which are on my credit card

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:15 AM

Good afternoon Rescue Rick,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to see the purchases your family made in Family Sharing. Each family member made the purchases using their own Apple ID account, but you would have received a receipt for the purchase as the charges were placed on your credit card.

Family members can review their purchase history with you. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click the links for complete details.

Family purchases and payments

"Any time a family member makes a new purchase, it's billed directly to the family organizer's account. That means the family organizer pays for any App Store and other digital purchases of the family members. This also includes content that family members can't share. For example, ongoing subscriptions—like Apple Music Individual or Student Subscriptions—are paid for by the family organizer too.

Any transaction receipts are sent directly to the family organizer.

After it's paid for, a purchased item is added to the account of the family member who made the purchase. If you turn off purchase sharing, each member keeps their purchases, even though they were paid for by the family organizer."

See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store

"In your purchase history, you can do these things:

• See a complete list of your purchases from the App Store and iTunes Store.
  • Request a refund.
  • Report a problem with an app or other item.
  • See the date when you bought an item or the date when an order was billed. 
  • See which payment method was charged for an item.
  • Resend a receipt to yourself via email."

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 11:15 AM in response to Rescue Rick

Good afternoon Rescue Rick,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to see the purchases your family made in Family Sharing. Each family member made the purchases using their own Apple ID account, but you would have received a receipt for the purchase as the charges were placed on your credit card.

Family members can review their purchase history with you. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click the links for complete details.

Family purchases and payments

"Any time a family member makes a new purchase, it's billed directly to the family organizer's account. That means the family organizer pays for any App Store and other digital purchases of the family members. This also includes content that family members can't share. For example, ongoing subscriptions—like Apple Music Individual or Student Subscriptions—are paid for by the family organizer too.

Any transaction receipts are sent directly to the family organizer.

After it's paid for, a purchased item is added to the account of the family member who made the purchase. If you turn off purchase sharing, each member keeps their purchases, even though they were paid for by the family organizer."

See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store

"In your purchase history, you can do these things:

• See a complete list of your purchases from the App Store and iTunes Store.
  • Request a refund.
  • Report a problem with an app or other item.
  • See the date when you bought an item or the date when an order was billed. 
  • See which payment method was charged for an item.
  • Resend a receipt to yourself via email."

Take care.

Jan 9, 2020 5:15 AM in response to Rescue Rick

Hi Rescue Rick,

I understand. The way that I keep track of things as the organizer of my Family Sharing account is to create a Mailbox in my email account. Every time I get an email receipt because someone has used my credit card to make a purchase, I move the email to the Family Sharing Receipts mailbox. Then, when I'm ready to reconcile my bank statement, I can find the information I'm looking for.

I'm sure there are other ways to manage this information, but this works for me.

Enjoy your day!

Jan 8, 2020 1:07 PM in response to raina_b22

Thank you for your reply Becky. I had read all the columns you mention above. My concern remains that when I look at my purchase history in itunes none of the "family purchases" are shown. The master account "me" paid for them. I should have a record besides the charge on my on file credit card. Just saying. I know you didn't design the program. Thanks again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.