Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Stutters

Hi all,

Considering buying into the Apple TV 4... But I have a question about the 4's abilities with Airplay.

I have such mixed emotions about Airplay on Apple TV. Such a cool idea, but through three different iterations of Apple TV Hardware, several iterations of TV's, 2019 iPhones, 2019 Macbook Pro's, and 2018 iPad Pro's, etc. Airplay never really seems to live up to the hype. It always stutters, drops signal, audio sync problems, etc.

Years and years of watching the hardware and software develop, but it is still never quite solid.

What are your experiences?

Matt

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 7:24 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2020 9:44 AM in response to mabou

I have to agree, AirPlay needs Wi-Fi to work, however if the Wi-Fi network is not up to the task you will have problems. Your home may be a candidate for a Mesh Network. If you are unfamiliar with Mesh networking please research them and I think you will find they solve that problem.

I upgraded to a Mesh network about a year ago and now have zero networking issues and my home is a 2500 single level home and we support:

• 4 Apple TVs
  • 1 iMac
  • 1 Mac Mini
  • 1 Macbook Air
  • 4 Smart TVs
  • Wi-Fi Home theater Receiver
  • Nest thermostat
  • Alexa
  • 2 iPads
  • 2 iPhones
  • All the guests and people that come over.

Since upgrading the network, getting 4K content is simple and dead reliable.

Airplay Stutters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.