Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing multiple still durations in timeline

I think I am missing something real simple here.

Trying to change the duration of multiple stills in timeline. I select multiple stills in timeline, click control D, go to the time window and enter 2.00 hoping to change each still to 2 sec. Hit enter and nothing changes but the curser goes to the 2 sec mark on the time line.

Also, in preferences I have the duration set to 2 sec. for stills. When I drag individual clips into the timeline they are 2 sec long. When dragging multiple clips into the timeline they are 10 sec long. Can I drag multiple clips into the timeline and have them all be the still duration set in preferences?

Thank you! Andy

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 11:40 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2020 11:46 AM in response to atraff1

"go to the time window"

I think something wrong is happening here. Simply press Control-D and type 2 period. You don't have to go anywhere.

Unfortunately the two second preference is for a selection, so unless you make a selection in each clip, the stills come with with their full duration of 10 seconds.

Use feedback to a request a change in this behavior.

Changing multiple still durations in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.