Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hibernate on Mac not working post upgrade to Catalina

Hi,

Has anyone got the hibernate(deep sleep) working on Catalina? It was working fine on Mojave but post upgrade to Catalina i am not able to hibernate my mac on lid close, it just goes to sleep not deep sleep.

Below are my current power management settings.

System-wide power settings:

Currently in use:

standbydelaylow 4200

standby 1

halfdim 1

sms 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

disksleep 10

standbydelayhigh 4200

sleep 10 (sleep prevented by sharingd)

autopoweroffdelay 14400

hibernatemode 25

autopoweroff 1

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 2

highstandbythreshold 50

acwake 0

lidwake 1

Thanks.

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 11:45 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Jan 13, 2020 1:47 AM in response to LD150

Yes i have Catalina and it was working fine on Mojave.

I have set the hibernate mode to 25 using pmset on terminal as i did on Mojave but doesn't work after upgrading to Catalina for some reason. I have also set the standby and autopoweroff settings to 1. My pm settings are posted in my initial question.

Thanks

Jan 13, 2020 2:09 AM in response to kpadiyar

See who I was talking to - wasn't you unfortunately.

Anyhow even if hibernate 25 does work on Catalina, unless you have SSD it is as slow as shutdown and reboot

My advice is if you have an older macbook with spinny disk get an SSD and shut down rather than sleep.

Cat does so much busy stuff in the background it never really sleeps.

Jan 13, 2020 9:01 AM in response to Syamakrishna

I tagged with Support and through the process, I discovered that Terminal was telling me I'm on Hibernate 25, yet About This Mac>System Report>Power..Battery Power was reporting it at Mode 3....so something was causing it a problem.

After all the diagnostics came back clean, Apple Support recommended a reinstall of MacOS while keeping files in place...so I did and now the Hibernation modes all match to the Hibernation Mode 25 on both Terminal and System Reports. I will test it and report back if this truly helped.

Hope this info helps.

Hibernate on Mac not working post upgrade to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.