Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone XR troubles with airplane mode

I travel a lot! Last month I got a new iPhone XR (running iOS 13.3).

Every time I turn airplane mode off after landing, I cannot get internet access. Cannot use Safari or apps. For some reason texting works.

The only resolution is powering down the phone and powering back up. But even that doesn’t work every time.

Are other people having this issue?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 5:25 PM

Hello run-midwesty-run,

It sounds like you're unable to get Internet access after disabling Airplane Mode on your iPhone XR. It's important to get this issue resolved, and you've reached out to the right place for support.

How long has this been an issue?

Does this seem to occur outside of Airports?

If you were to toggle AirPlane Mode on and back off again, does this seem to continue, in multiple locations?

If so, go ahead and give the steps listed here a try: If your iPhone won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

This includes resetting your network settings to test.

Let me know the results once you're able to give those steps a try.

Warm Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 5:25 PM in response to run-midwesty-run

Hello run-midwesty-run,

It sounds like you're unable to get Internet access after disabling Airplane Mode on your iPhone XR. It's important to get this issue resolved, and you've reached out to the right place for support.

How long has this been an issue?

Does this seem to occur outside of Airports?

If you were to toggle AirPlane Mode on and back off again, does this seem to continue, in multiple locations?

If so, go ahead and give the steps listed here a try: If your iPhone won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

This includes resetting your network settings to test.

Let me know the results once you're able to give those steps a try.

Warm Regards.

New iPhone XR troubles with airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.