Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Terms and Conditions won't load

I need to download an app and it won't let me do so without accepting the new T&C's. I say yes to doing it but the Terms and Conditions don't load, just get a white screen and the circle of doom. I have an old ipad 9.3.5, help please!! I've tried erasing all resetting all settings but it still doesn't work :-(

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 11:37 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2020 3:32 AM in response to bb8sidekick

We are seeing frequent reports here, like yours, where owners of very devices with very old versions of iOS are having this issue. The only explanation that we can currently offer is that Apple have changed something in their back-end servers that now does not recognise these very old (i.e., now unsupported) devices.

Likewise, many (if not most) Apps in the Apple App Store have ceased support and no longer work with very old versions of iOS. This is the unfortunate price we pay for progress - and as much as we may like them to do so, our devices don’t last forever. We are perhaps fortunate in that a high proportion of Apple hardware outlasts the underlying software - a luxury that is rarely seen from other hardware manufacturers.

You have two options to pursue:

1) Raise a support request directly with the Apple Support team - you’ll find the link to Contact Support at top-right of this page.

2) It is perhaps time to consider replacement of your device with a newer model - which will provide you with significantly improved performance, wide compatibility with current Apps, and an upgradable Operating System for many more years.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Jan 8, 2020 10:45 PM in response to bb8sidekick

I was able to agree to the terms and conditions by going into my iCloud and creating a family account (I didn't actually have to go as far as adding another account). Prior to that, I updated my credit card information (it was expired). The credit card alone did absolutely nothing so I suspect that part doesn't really matter since you can choose to not have any payment method at all. However, I thought I should include that just in case since it was a step that I took (along with the steps you took as well).

Basically, as soon as I was able to click agree on the terms and conditions after creating a family account, I was able to download the things I wanted (assuming they were still supported - 9.3.5 as well).

I hope this can help you too. Good luck!

App Store Terms and Conditions won't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.