Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anti Reflective Screen Coating (Retinal) on Mac Book Pro issue

This issue has been around for a while with Rumors that Apple will cover certain models/years of Notebooks where this has happened. I just called Apple Support and they stated there is no such program.

Anyone have any further documentation on this?

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 8:24 AM

There is no current, public-facing documentation for that screen replacement program, which could indicate that has expired.

But in the past, it ALWAYS required an in-person inspection at an Apple-owned store or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider to assess the extent of the damage and determine whether your Mac was eligible for any relief.

I recommend you make a service appointment and have your MacBook Pro evaluated. At an Apple-Owned store, there is no charge for such an evaluation, and they can perform an over-the-counter diagnostic for you as well, also at no charge.

You can start with the Contact Support link at the top of every forum page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Al_Chance

There is no current, public-facing documentation for that screen replacement program, which could indicate that has expired.

But in the past, it ALWAYS required an in-person inspection at an Apple-owned store or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider to assess the extent of the damage and determine whether your Mac was eligible for any relief.

I recommend you make a service appointment and have your MacBook Pro evaluated. At an Apple-Owned store, there is no charge for such an evaluation, and they can perform an over-the-counter diagnostic for you as well, also at no charge.

You can start with the Contact Support link at the top of every forum page.

Anti Reflective Screen Coating (Retinal) on Mac Book Pro issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.