Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 camera shutter sound

I have iPhone 11 and the camera shutter sound doesn’t go off even when my phone is silent. How can i fix it please?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 4:18 PM

Hello urooj875,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From what I understand, the shutter sound is not sounding on your iPhone. I'll do what I can to help.

Try adjusting the volume and checking the Ring/Silent switch: Use the camera settings on iPhone

If you meant the shutter sound is still going off even while on silent, some regions may not allow this to be muted at all.

Thanks and have a great day.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 4:18 PM in response to urooj875

Hello urooj875,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From what I understand, the shutter sound is not sounding on your iPhone. I'll do what I can to help.

Try adjusting the volume and checking the Ring/Silent switch: Use the camera settings on iPhone

If you meant the shutter sound is still going off even while on silent, some regions may not allow this to be muted at all.

Thanks and have a great day.

iPhone 11 camera shutter sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.