Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro max Poor camera performance

Purchase iPhone 14 pro max 512 GB three weeks back, noticed very dull & poor photo quality (attached images for reference) and video gets blurred while shoot... out of focus issue constant.

Very disappointed after paying huge money for the iPhone

What is the solution?

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 12:21 AM

Learn iPhone camera basics - Apple Support

Learn about Photographic Styles, QuickTake, Action mode, the Ultra Wide camera, and other camera features on your iPhone.

Understand About the Camera features on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

By default, iPhone takes photos in HDR (for the rear camera and the front camera) when it’s most effective. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, and iPhone 14 models, record video in HDR to capture true-to-life colour and contrast.

Take appropriate action to Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

The camera modes built into your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch help you take the ideal photo or video. Swipe left or right on the camera screen to switch to a different mode. You can choose from photo, video, time-lapse, slo-mo, square, Portrait, and pano modes.

For this, you may Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

With the Camera on models that support Portrait mode, you can apply a depth-of-field effect that keeps your subject—people, pets, objects, and more—sharp while creating a beautifully blurred foreground and background. You can apply and adjust different lighting effects to your Portrait mode photos, and on iPhone X and later, you can even take a selfie in Portrait mode.

Learn how to --> Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

Learn about advanced Camera features that let you capture photos faster, apply tailored and enhanced looks to your photos, and view content outside the camera frame.

Try to Change advanced camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Use the Camera to record videos and QuickTake videos on your iPhone. Learn how to change modes to take Cinematic, slow-motion, and time-lapse videos.

Here you can see an Apple Article with all video recording options --> Record videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

Taking tips from here may also help you. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

62 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 12:21 AM in response to faruk2020

Learn iPhone camera basics - Apple Support

Learn about Photographic Styles, QuickTake, Action mode, the Ultra Wide camera, and other camera features on your iPhone.

Understand About the Camera features on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

By default, iPhone takes photos in HDR (for the rear camera and the front camera) when it’s most effective. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, and iPhone 14 models, record video in HDR to capture true-to-life colour and contrast.

Take appropriate action to Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

The camera modes built into your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch help you take the ideal photo or video. Swipe left or right on the camera screen to switch to a different mode. You can choose from photo, video, time-lapse, slo-mo, square, Portrait, and pano modes.

For this, you may Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

With the Camera on models that support Portrait mode, you can apply a depth-of-field effect that keeps your subject—people, pets, objects, and more—sharp while creating a beautifully blurred foreground and background. You can apply and adjust different lighting effects to your Portrait mode photos, and on iPhone X and later, you can even take a selfie in Portrait mode.

Learn how to --> Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

Learn about advanced Camera features that let you capture photos faster, apply tailored and enhanced looks to your photos, and view content outside the camera frame.

Try to Change advanced camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Use the Camera to record videos and QuickTake videos on your iPhone. Learn how to change modes to take Cinematic, slow-motion, and time-lapse videos.

Here you can see an Apple Article with all video recording options --> Record videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

Taking tips from here may also help you. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

Dec 8, 2022 12:20 AM in response to faruk2020

Adjust the camera’s focus and exposure

Before you take a photo, the iPhone camera automatically sets the focus and exposure, and face detection balances the exposure across many faces. If you want to manually adjust the focus and exposure, do the following:

1. Tap the screen to show the automatic focus area and exposure setting.
  2. Tap where you want to move the focus area.
  3. Next to the focus area, drag  up or down to adjust the exposure.
  4. To lock your manual focus and exposure settings for upcoming shots, touch and hold the focus area until you see AE/AF Lock; tap the screen to unlock settings.

If your Photos and Videos are stored in iCloud and you share it before downloading the original then it may appear blurry but it is not.

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Dec 29, 2022 8:50 AM in response to faruk2020

Same issue with video and taking photos. Too many blurry sections on the video and too many blurry photos. Never had this issue with the 11 pro max I previously used. It is definitely a hardware problem. I can touch the screen telling the camera to focus in that area and the whole photo is blurry. Or I can be filming video and it will go blurry then come back to focus. It is frustrating.

Jan 1, 2023 3:34 AM in response to faruk2020

I’m having the same problems with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. When I take a photo the camera quickly switches to ultra wide and nothing is in focus. If I tap on an area to focus, it switches to ultra wide. I know this from viewing the info for each shot. If I take a photo really quick before this happens, it is in focus. But this is a ridiculous way to have to shoot. I like to have a bit to compose my shot, not to have less than a second to shoot. This happens with all scenes and distances. There is no choice. Am I missing something here? It seems the camera is not working as it should at all. I should not have to use Ultra Wide for every shot. I should also note that this is happening while using other camera apps also - Camera+ and Ps Camera. I have not resubscribed to Halide yet. This same

issue with the camera refusing to focus happened with my 12 Pro Max and I had to use other camera apps for many months before an IOS update corrected it. Not doing this again. Apple wouldn’t help then and won’t now. No more Apple phones for me.

Feb 9, 2023 1:02 PM in response to faruk2020

Similar problems with iPhone 14 Pro 256GB. The camera is poor, images are grainy when taken inside the house during the day and "optical"zoom is like low quality digital zoom in the same circumstances.

When I was taking similar photos under similar light with iPhone XR the result was a much sharper picture without grains and pixelated areas.

Hardware or software problem, I don't know but it's a shame for this price to get this poor results.

Has to be solved asap

Feb 9, 2023 11:47 PM in response to Aaaaaca

Hello,

iPhone 14 pro max is flop model.... you are right after paying huge money result is 0.

I am photographer, more I use iPhone for social media shoot, I know picture quality very well but this is huge disappointing for me purchasing iPhone 14 pro max 512GB.

My phone is Apple service center to rectify problem & they have admitted, there is issue in 14 max pro camera.

May 18, 2023 3:46 AM in response to faruk2020

I have the same problem:

1. when I start filming it gets blurry at some point
  2. I take a simple photo, gets blurry
  3. I try to scan qrs through the apps, get blurry so I can’t!
  4. Portrait photos are worst than ever

This is so frustrating since I payed U$D 1350 for this and Apple isn’t giving a solution as it’s definitely a hardware problem.

iPhone 14 pro max Poor camera performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.