Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon winner popup virus on iphone

This bogus popup keeps appearing and recommended fixes do not solve the problem.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 12:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 12:51 AM

I'm answering this question myself since none of the recommendations I found worked for me. The other suggestions were to go into settings>airplane mode on. Then go into settings>safari>Clear History and Website Data. Then press 'home button' at bottom of phone twice (2 rapid presses) to show running applications. Scroll through the list of screens and for all screens that represent a browser/web page, swipe up to close them. Some then suggest powering off the phone then on again. Then go to settings and turn off airplane mode. This didn't fix the problem for me. By experimenting I found an additional step that resolved the issue. When going to settings>safari, in addition to Clear History and Website Data also take the option to Block All Cookies. Then after powering off and on, and then turning off airplane mode I tested by going to some websites. The problem was resolved. This was on iphone 7, ios version 12.4.1.

Hopefully this will help someone get rid of this annoying issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 12:51 AM in response to jjbobjj

I'm answering this question myself since none of the recommendations I found worked for me. The other suggestions were to go into settings>airplane mode on. Then go into settings>safari>Clear History and Website Data. Then press 'home button' at bottom of phone twice (2 rapid presses) to show running applications. Scroll through the list of screens and for all screens that represent a browser/web page, swipe up to close them. Some then suggest powering off the phone then on again. Then go to settings and turn off airplane mode. This didn't fix the problem for me. By experimenting I found an additional step that resolved the issue. When going to settings>safari, in addition to Clear History and Website Data also take the option to Block All Cookies. Then after powering off and on, and then turning off airplane mode I tested by going to some websites. The problem was resolved. This was on iphone 7, ios version 12.4.1.

Hopefully this will help someone get rid of this annoying issue.

Amazon winner popup virus on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.