Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone else had phobio severely reduce their trade in value for an iphone in perfect working order? Is this a scam?

Has anyone else had phobio severely reduce their trade in value for an iphone in perfect working order? Is this a scam? I bought at Apple based on their estimated value, sent in a 7+ (for $200) and then was told that the value was half of the estimated value when received by Phobio ($100). I would say beware of the trade in, these are for sale on Ebay by owner for much more money.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 8, 2020 8:16 AM in response to lizoc

I would recommend to anyone sending in a device to a) take pics of its condition before packaging it, b) get a tracking number and c) insure for its full value. Once the company contacts you with a lower value, ask for proof and advise them you have proof as well. Than contact Apple corporate and detail the problem ith the company. FWIW, most of these companies resell the devices after repairing/restoring them.

Jan 8, 2020 8:39 AM in response to babowa

I couldn’t find a way to contact phobio. Because of a previous experience with a cracked screen after mailing an exchange phone I do take pictures of the phone before placing in the box (and in the box) so I do have the proof. I will contact Apple corporate that is a good idea… If only I can find their contact information

Has anyone else had phobio severely reduce their trade in value for an iphone in perfect working order? Is this a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.