Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Connection to new IPad Air 3

Picked up my new IPad Air 3 WIFI/Cellular. How do I convert the Verizon Wireless Cellular connection from my old IPad Air 2 to the new IPad Air 3?

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 9:12 AM

If you were using a physical sim card on your iPad Air 2, just transfer it to the iPad Air 3: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If it was setup directly on the iPad Via settings, follow the steps here under "Transfer a plan" to set it up: Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2020 9:12 AM in response to Seamus42

If you were using a physical sim card on your iPad Air 2, just transfer it to the iPad Air 3: Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If it was setup directly on the iPad Via settings, follow the steps here under "Transfer a plan" to set it up: Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Cellular Connection to new IPad Air 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.