Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to view screen shots

None of the screen shots I have taken, whether a year ago or a minute ago, will open.

The file “Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 12.02.43 PM” couldn’t be open.

I get the above message. I have researched this issue and cannot find any answers. I am using the latest version of Catalina on my Macbook air

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 7:46 AM

Hey Mimi0212,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you’re not able to open screenshots from your MacBook Air running macOS Catalina. You mentioned that you aren’t able to open screenshots from a year ago. Have you not been able to open them for a year, or is this a new occurrence? If it’s a new occurrence I would start here:

• Quit the Preview app and try to open a screen shot: Quit apps on Mac
  • Restart your MacBook Air

The last suggestion in this article is logging into macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS software on your MacBook Air. If you get to this point, I encourage you to secure a Time Machine backup first.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Mimi0212

Hey Mimi0212,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you’re not able to open screenshots from your MacBook Air running macOS Catalina. You mentioned that you aren’t able to open screenshots from a year ago. Have you not been able to open them for a year, or is this a new occurrence? If it’s a new occurrence I would start here:

• Quit the Preview app and try to open a screen shot: Quit apps on Mac
  • Restart your MacBook Air

The last suggestion in this article is logging into macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS software on your MacBook Air. If you get to this point, I encourage you to secure a Time Machine backup first.

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Best Regards.

I am unable to view screen shots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.