Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.3 bluetooth pairing with 2014 Nissan Altima Auto-Reply keeps turning on

I recently upgraded my iphone 8 plus to ios 13.3 and ever since when my phone pairs with my 2014 Nissan Altima the Auto-reply setting for the car keeps turning itself on. The setting isn't visible after the car initially starts, it only shows up after you start driving. So I have to constantly remember to turn it OFF after I start moving. Is there a setting on the phone to stop this from happening? This was never a problem before the 13.3 update so it's clearly something Apple did or broke.

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 11:10 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 8, 2020 11:37 AM in response to johnpaul160

That is not an Apple setting, and it is not coming from the iPhone. That is a specific message and setting on the Nissan vehicles, and you have to see what Nissan says about turning it off. I've read and participated in a number of these, when people thought it was the Do Not Disturb while driving on the iPhone, until they found out what the message being sent was. They found this was not the message from DND while driving, and after another poster worked with Nissan, they found this was an update to their car's system. I'm not sure if it will remain turned off or will automatically turn on when you connect an phone of any brand to the car. Speak with Nissan and see what they have to say. It is their system, not your iPhone.

Jan 9, 2020 7:07 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you for the quick reply. Upon receiving your response I spoke with Nissan Bluetooth Support and apparently the issue I'm experiencing is a known issue with the radio/bluetooth programming. The suggested fix I was told was to have my car go through a factory reset. The settings on the radio are not something that should be flipping. So I'll be visiting the dealer and give an update once the reset is complete.

Jan 9, 2020 6:46 PM in response to johnpaul160

Glad you were able to get in touch with the dealer. I don't remember that any of the others had to do anything more than just an update of the system's software, but it seems that it overrides the iPhone's Do Not Disturb While Driving. Like I said earlier, the thing that allowed us to determine where the problem was had to do with the message people were receiving, and it was much different than the one that the iPhone sends out. Good luck.

13.3 bluetooth pairing with 2014 Nissan Altima Auto-Reply keeps turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.