Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad unexpected shutdown

My iPad unexpectedly shuts down. There is usually power available 50%...75%... When I try to restart it will show battery is low, in the red and need to be charged. If I wait a couple minutes and not plug in to charge it will restart to the actual power available. Does anyone have this problem?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 7:06 AM

The behaviour that you describe, in relation to unexpected shut-down and changing battery charge indication, is typical of impending battery failure.

You would perhaps be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Apple Store - where you device can be tested and assessed by an Apple technician - and your options for battery or device replacement explored.

I hope you find this to be helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 7:06 AM in response to Wdwlvr

The behaviour that you describe, in relation to unexpected shut-down and changing battery charge indication, is typical of impending battery failure.

You would perhaps be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Apple Store - where you device can be tested and assessed by an Apple technician - and your options for battery or device replacement explored.

I hope you find this to be helpful.

ipad unexpected shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.