Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Safari bookmarks with (older) iPhone and iPad

Hi all,

Safari will sync my history between my MacBook, iPhone and iPad, but it won't sync my bookmarks (favorites) and reading list.

I am using quite an old iPhone and iPad, so that might be a factor. However, I remember syncing favorites did work in the past...

I am using High Sierra 10.13.6 with Safari 10.0.4, an iPhone 4s on iOS 9.3.5 and a 3rd generation iPad on iOS 9.3.5.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 11:41 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Safari syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Safari syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 11:41 AM in response to peter jaap

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Safari syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Safari syncing. Wait a few minutes and then slide syncing on. Allow time for syncing to occur.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Sync Safari bookmarks with (older) iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.