Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've tried all the steps above, and none of them works.

I can't sync my reading list, favourites and bookmarks on safari, between my devices - iPhone, iMac and MacBook Air. All of them are linked to the same Apple ID and are updated to the latest versions available. I have tried all the steps available, but just can't solve it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 6:24 AM

Please try the below.

Help for troubleshooting the Safari .plis… - Apple Community

1. Turn off iCloud Safari sync on your Mac
  2. Quit the Safari app on your Mac.
  3. Open the Library folder by holding down the Option button, then clicking the Finder’s Go menu.
  4. When you see the Library folder listed in the dropdown, click on it.
  5. Find the Preferences folder and open it.
  6. Search for all .plist files associated with Safari and drag them to the Desktop.
  7. Relaunch Safari to confirm that all your bookmarks are now deleted. Don’t worry because you still have a copy on iCloud.
  8. Enable Safari sync on your Mac again
  9. If everything looks good, drag all the .plist files on your Desktop to the Trash.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 6:24 AM in response to luisdasilvalucio

Please try the below.

Help for troubleshooting the Safari .plis… - Apple Community

1. Turn off iCloud Safari sync on your Mac
  2. Quit the Safari app on your Mac.
  3. Open the Library folder by holding down the Option button, then clicking the Finder’s Go menu.
  4. When you see the Library folder listed in the dropdown, click on it.
  5. Find the Preferences folder and open it.
  6. Search for all .plist files associated with Safari and drag them to the Desktop.
  7. Relaunch Safari to confirm that all your bookmarks are now deleted. Don’t worry because you still have a copy on iCloud.
  8. Enable Safari sync on your Mac again
  9. If everything looks good, drag all the .plist files on your Desktop to the Trash.

I've tried all the steps above, and none of them works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.