Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync ITunes with IPhone

When I click on IPhone icon in upper left of ITunes screen, then click on Summary below, then on Music, the window does not appear to the imediate right (as per Help instructions) that would allow me to select and check music selections to be synced. The message that appears simply says "the ICloud Music Library is On", with no further options except to sync voice memos. I can go no farther. What's the solution to continue sync process with IPhone?

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 10:25 AM

On your device use Settings > Music > Sync Library > Off. Of course if your have iTunes Match or Apple Music then you should really be using the Sync Library option (aka iCloud Music Library) in both iTunes and your device, so that content that you add to your iTunes library is automatically available to the device without syncing over USB. It should appear with cloud links that allow it to be downloaded, or you can stream from the cloud.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2020 10:25 AM in response to 70-2020

On your device use Settings > Music > Sync Library > Off. Of course if your have iTunes Match or Apple Music then you should really be using the Sync Library option (aka iCloud Music Library) in both iTunes and your device, so that content that you add to your iTunes library is automatically available to the device without syncing over USB. It should appear with cloud links that allow it to be downloaded, or you can stream from the cloud.

tt2

Sync ITunes with IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.