Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music sync issues with Itunes 12.12.7.1

I'm having difficulty transferring new songs to my Iphone no matter how many times I sync. I even went into the "Summary -> Music" settings for my phone within Itunes and quickly noticed that the "Sync Music" to select/deselect music box is no longer there and now replaced with "iCloud Music Library is On".

Has anybody else encountered this issue and what can be done to transfer my music to my phone?

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 4:23 AM

Hi,

The general idea when you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device, then content you add or edit in one place automatically updates in the other through the cloud. The message that iCloud Music Library is on indicates that Sync Library is enabled on the phone. See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support and make sure that all of your songs in iTunes are marked as purchased, matched, or uploaded. You should then see everything on the phone without needing to sync it over USB.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 4:23 AM in response to smellfeet

Hi,

The general idea when you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your computer and device, then content you add or edit in one place automatically updates in the other through the cloud. The message that iCloud Music Library is on indicates that Sync Library is enabled on the phone. See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support and make sure that all of your songs in iTunes are marked as purchased, matched, or uploaded. You should then see everything on the phone without needing to sync it over USB.

tt2

Music sync issues with Itunes 12.12.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.