Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't play new mp3 added to library (library is stored in an external hard drive)

Hi,

I had a previous discussion about "when I try to add a new mp3 song in to my iTunes library, it can't read it. It "shows" quickly the Icon of the song being transferred to iTunes, but when I research the song inside my library, I can't find it".

I had help from an user explaining that : "I should try to Place a copy in the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside media folder to see if it is absorbed into the library or moved into a Not Added folder when rejected".

It was working, but now, I get the "error message -50". Basically, Itunes can read all the MP3 already added to my library, but when I try to add an MP3 to the "Automatically Add to iTunes folder", this file is protected (until I restart my computer, then it works).

Is there any other way (without the need of restarting the MAC) to make iTunes understand that I want to add new MP3 into my iTunes ?

Thank you.

Jen

previous help from : turingtest2

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 10:58 AM

Try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community. Apply the permissions fix to the media folder as listed under Music > Preferences > Files.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 9, 2020 11:07 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to do what you're advising in the other discussion and it turns out that all mentioned was already in place in my computer (iTunes folder and media folder already had the correct "options").

Still, it's not working.

Again, when I restart my computer, it always works (I don't know why). It's like iTunes doesn't like when I don't turn off my mac...

iTunes can't play new mp3 added to library (library is stored in an external hard drive)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.