Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MP3 files do not load to iTunes

I have iTunes for many years. I have never had a problem before. Suddenly, iTunes stopped loading the files.

I use 2 methods:

File -> Add file to library -> (choose the file to load)

OR

Just drag and drop the MP3 file into iTunes library

Neither method works!

It does not give me any error messages. It just does not load. When I try to drag and drop, the blue box appears around the library screen.

I rebooted the computer, but it still does not work.

Please help!

Thank you.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2022 12:17 AM

There have been several discussions recently on this topic. It appears that something has changed, although no one knows what, but it's preventing YouTube conversions from being added to iTunes libraries.

It's irrelevant whether it's iTunes or YouTube that has caused this, the fact is that someone appears to have taken steps to prevent copying of copyright-protected audio from YouTube.

Perhaps it's time to buy the music you want and thereby compensate the artist for their work.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2022 12:17 AM in response to skaver

There have been several discussions recently on this topic. It appears that something has changed, although no one knows what, but it's preventing YouTube conversions from being added to iTunes libraries.

It's irrelevant whether it's iTunes or YouTube that has caused this, the fact is that someone appears to have taken steps to prevent copying of copyright-protected audio from YouTube.

Perhaps it's time to buy the music you want and thereby compensate the artist for their work.

MP3 files do not load to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.