Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting rid of vpn

I’m trying to get rid of ipvanish on my iphone. The button on settings will not let me turn it off. Help please.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 9, 2020 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 9:14 AM

Hello Kwaugh and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having some difficulty turning off the VPN service called IPVanish on your iPhone.

As IPVanish is an app that installs a configuration profile when you launch it for the first time, there is a specific set of steps for deleting it.

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPVanish offers a paid subscription service which you may have agreed to as an in-app purchase.

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions - Apple Support

In addition to deleting the profile and the app, you'll need to cancel the subscription in order to avoid future charges.

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

If you don't see the service listed with your subscriptions, you may need to reach out to IPVanish support in order to cancel.

IPVanish

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2020 9:14 AM in response to Kwaugh

Hello Kwaugh and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having some difficulty turning off the VPN service called IPVanish on your iPhone.

As IPVanish is an app that installs a configuration profile when you launch it for the first time, there is a specific set of steps for deleting it.

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPVanish offers a paid subscription service which you may have agreed to as an in-app purchase.

Buy additional app features with in-app purchases and subscriptions - Apple Support

In addition to deleting the profile and the app, you'll need to cancel the subscription in order to avoid future charges.

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

If you don't see the service listed with your subscriptions, you may need to reach out to IPVanish support in order to cancel.

IPVanish

Cheers.

Getting rid of vpn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.