Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove VPN from my iphone 8

Since the latest update I have difficulty receiving information from the internet. Very slow if at all. When I turn VPN off internet returns to normal operation. so...

Just what is VPN?

Why do I need VPN?

How do I remove VPN from my iphone 8?

OR

How do I go back to the previous settings, before the latest update?

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:47 PM

garretr56 wrote:

Settings > General > VPN

Just what is VPN?

VPN, Virtual Private Network, is an additional layer of security provided to your Wi-FI transmission. Do you need it? Some corporations require their use for security reasons. Most individuals don’t use it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2019 12:47 PM in response to garretr56

garretr56 wrote:

Settings > General > VPN

Just what is VPN?

VPN, Virtual Private Network, is an additional layer of security provided to your Wi-FI transmission. Do you need it? Some corporations require their use for security reasons. Most individuals don’t use it.

Aug 15, 2019 1:10 PM in response to sberman

During the past week, since I discovered this app or program whatever it is, I've gone into settings several times and deactivated VPN. For some ungodly reason it keeps being activated somehow and making my "smart" phone rather dumb. Is there any way to restore a previous update, thereby eliminating the current update.

My wife has the same phone, never updated and has on internet issues.

How do I remove VPN from my iphone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.