Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable horizontal scrolling on Magic Mouse

After more than 35 years of using computer mouses, our hands clasp or caress a mouse in many various ways. And our fingers fumble with it in an almost genetically predestined gesture. The addition of a vertical scroll wheel was a boon, but too clunky. Wheels and other internal parts tick and rattle at every touch. The tactile elegance of the Magic Mouse is pristine, but too much. Vertical scroll is great, because we're used to flick our finger in an opening and closing gesture. Horizontal scrolling is something else – it's ergonomically less obvious, so less under our control. I regularly end up with an inadvertently moved element. That's why I'd like to disable this feature of the Magic Mouse.

Under Catalina, there seems to be no option (anymore) to disable it, by Mouse or other Accessibility settings, by Magic Prefs (outdated), or a Terminal command (unsupported).

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2020 3:26 PM

Well, it took a deeper dive in Google Search results than just the first pages, and this is what I came across, AND IT WORKS !! This BetterTouchTool is able to do a lot of things (I haven't even scratched the surface yet), but is surely disables horizontal scrolling – The website and the tool are a bit nerd-inclined, but very nicely designed and it all works. At $ 7,50 for 2 years, it's a steal...

I'm a happy camper now :-)

https://folivora.ai/downloads

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2020 3:26 PM in response to Petertje

Well, it took a deeper dive in Google Search results than just the first pages, and this is what I came across, AND IT WORKS !! This BetterTouchTool is able to do a lot of things (I haven't even scratched the surface yet), but is surely disables horizontal scrolling – The website and the tool are a bit nerd-inclined, but very nicely designed and it all works. At $ 7,50 for 2 years, it's a steal...

I'm a happy camper now :-)

https://folivora.ai/downloads

Disable horizontal scrolling on Magic Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.