Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i get imovie on my mac any longer?

I have 10.13.6 high Sierra and my HD had to be whipped clean by apple and now my Imovie is gone. I tried to reinstall it and i get a message that i need 10.14... but there is no update for it. my mac is a late 2011.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 3:49 PM

That's true. You need Mojave to update to current iMovie. You might be able to get an iMovie update to your previous version. Try signing in to the app store and clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. That will open your purchases account. iMovie should be in there. See if you can update it from there.

If you have a Time Machine backup, you can restore your lost iMovie app from there as well.

-- Rich

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 3:49 PM in response to Bcky555

That's true. You need Mojave to update to current iMovie. You might be able to get an iMovie update to your previous version. Try signing in to the app store and clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. That will open your purchases account. iMovie should be in there. See if you can update it from there.

If you have a Time Machine backup, you can restore your lost iMovie app from there as well.

-- Rich

Jan 11, 2020 8:59 AM in response to Bcky555

Did you by any chance change your Apple ID? You would need to sign in with the same Apple ID that you used when you bought your Mac or the previous iMovie version. Or, perhaps when your drive was wiped it obliterated the record or your purchase.

Try calling Apple Support and explaining the situation. They may be able to help you. To contact support click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a phone number that you can call.

Good luck with this.

-- Rich

why cant i get imovie on my mac any longer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.