Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad and iPhone are no longer synced ever since downloading the new iOS what to do?

My iPad and iPhone 6 are no longer synced since downloading the new iOS

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 2:06 PM

On your iPhone go to Settings/Messages, tap Text Message Forwarding, and turn on the switch for your iPad. This allows your iPad to both see your texts and to send and receive through your iPhone.

Also, go to Settings/{your name}/iCloud - Messages and turn on the switch if you want to sync them to iCloud. Do this on both the iPad and iPhone.

Note that the iPhone and iPad must be logged in to the same Apple ID in Settings/{your name}/iCloud.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 2:06 PM in response to ginny187

On your iPhone go to Settings/Messages, tap Text Message Forwarding, and turn on the switch for your iPad. This allows your iPad to both see your texts and to send and receive through your iPhone.

Also, go to Settings/{your name}/iCloud - Messages and turn on the switch if you want to sync them to iCloud. Do this on both the iPad and iPhone.

Note that the iPhone and iPad must be logged in to the same Apple ID in Settings/{your name}/iCloud.

Jan 10, 2020 1:44 PM in response to ginny187

Synced in what way? iOS devices never sync with each other; they sync will an external entity. For many functions (calendars, contacts, notes, texts, photos, etc) they will sync with iCloud if you enable that function in Settings/{your name}/iCloud. But you must turn on the sync switches for everything you want to sync.

Mail never syncs that way; instead, each device syncs separately with the mail server.

Where are you seeing sync problems?

My iPad and iPhone are no longer synced ever since downloading the new iOS what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.