You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Find my iPhone" is turned off and I lost my phone.

find my iPhone is turned off and i lost my phone there should be a way to turn you i phone on from another truster device.or is there another way to turn it on or find the missing iPhone i would gladly appreciate it

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:52 PM

Sorry, but you cannot remotely power up the phone. Here are your options.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 10, 2020 5:31 PM in response to karissah17

Find My is the very mechanism that connects the lost device to iCloud and allows for remote commands. Without it, there is no way to send any remote commands to the device, nor for the device to send any information to your account.

And a device that is powered off is completely inert. It cannot receive any command, nor execute any commands anyway. It has to be powered on and booted into a functioning operating system to do anything.

So what you’re asking for is technically impossible. Just as you cannot remotely power on a computer unless it is physically connected to the internet using a cable (which carries a low power connection to enable the device remote wake command to activate the device). But a powered off electronic device with no physical connection to the internet or a telephone network is incapable of doing anything.

"Find my iPhone" is turned off and I lost my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.