Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heated MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019

My macbook pro 2019 13 inch model keeps a high temperature above 75 degrees even though I just turned it on in a cool environment. Can anybody help me?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 9:38 PM

Jihu04 Said:

"Heated MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019: My macbook pro 2019 13 inch model keeps a high temperature above 75 degrees even though I just turned it on in a cool environment. Can anybody help me?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

Seems you have a bug in your Mac. You have a one-year limited-warranty. So, rather than risk a dead Mac, take this into Apple.

Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be Reserved. You would take this to your Local Apple Store, during which the battery and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 9:38 PM in response to Jihu04

Jihu04 Said:

"Heated MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019: My macbook pro 2019 13 inch model keeps a high temperature above 75 degrees even though I just turned it on in a cool environment. Can anybody help me?"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

Seems you have a bug in your Mac. You have a one-year limited-warranty. So, rather than risk a dead Mac, take this into Apple.

Have Apple look into this. Start by contacting Apple***, and request that a Genius Bar Appointment be Reserved. You would take this to your Local Apple Store, during which the battery and all other necessities would be looked at.

***Info on Contacting Apple:

Proceed from there as Necessary

Jan 11, 2020 7:35 PM in response to Jihu04

Jihu04 Said:

"What if I found the program that made it heated up by the activity monitor in MacBook Pro, should I still take my MacBook Pro to Apple? My temperature maintains from 35 degrees to 40 degrees with fun fan speed. But when I asked the question yesterday, it was also full fan speed with 75 degrees."

-------

Yes. You Should Still Take it into Apple.

That is quite a drop in temperature. But, Yes, take it into Apple. That is because the Mac's hardware is reacting to software. So, any other software, for that matter, could be have a bad affect on the hardware. Its all about having safe interoperability between hardware and software.

So, I would take it in to Apple. It is best to do so. Make use of the service, as needed, so long as you have the coverage.

Jan 13, 2020 4:56 AM in response to Jihu04

Jihu04 Said:

What should I say when I take in my Mac to Apple?

———-

👍

Great Idea of Making an Appointment!

First off, set up the Genius Bar Appointment, as mentioned above. Don’t just take it in. That way, you can have a scheduled time to stop in.

What to Say:

Be upfront, informing them about the overheating and the fast fan-speed, and the fact that it was doing it on its own.

Inform them what the program(application) is called that caused this. (Maybe they had some reports of problems with that particular application, already). And tell them where it was located and how and when this would occur.

What will Likely Happen Next:

The technicians will look at it, seeing if they can come across the issue. If it doesn’t occur when brought it, have them look at it for a day or so, should you agree to the Terms & Conditions.

Wait to hear back from Apple, expecting a phone call or eMail this being looked at. I could take a few days. You’d get an eMail to see where this all stands and to keep an eye on what’s being worked on.

In the Meantime:

I would rather be on the side of caution than to take a chance of overheating-components once more.

Just let the Mac sit in an open space for time being (not in the corner nor in a backpack).

For Note:

I’ve taken mine in a few times due to screen failure (flickering.) Having taken it in 11 times, my Mac was swapped out, being it was a faulty device and the fact that I was patient.

Good Luck!

Heated MacBook Pro 13 inch 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.