Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove (Kindle Reader?) Play Button from iPhone Desktop

I've have an iPhone 8 running Software Version 13.3. I do have a current AppleCare+ account. Hoping for a pointer on the following:

3 months ago, I installed Kindle Reader from the app store. The Kindle Reader placed a semi-transparent Play button on the desktop I am able to drag the play button from one side of the screen to any other side.

I want to delete the play button, as it is really annoying. I deleted the Kindle Reader, but the play button is still there. To delete the Kindle Reader app, I simply did a press-and-hold on the Kindle Reader icon until all the apps started shaking. I was then able to select Delete App. If I try the same technique with the play button, it just states verbally: "No speakable content could be found on the screen."

I am willing to drive over to the Apple Store if needed. If someone here knows the answer, it will save an hour of driving.

Thanks...

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:45 AM

I drove over to the Apple Store, and the young woman who greets people showed me the following:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Spoken Content -> Speech Controler:

If the Show Controller switch is on, the Play Button displays.

If the Show Controller switch is off, the Play Button does not display.

Thanks for trying to help. Maybe this follow up will help someone else in the future.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 10:45 AM in response to randy1200

I drove over to the Apple Store, and the young woman who greets people showed me the following:

Settings -> Accessibility -> Spoken Content -> Speech Controler:

If the Show Controller switch is on, the Play Button displays.

If the Show Controller switch is off, the Play Button does not display.

Thanks for trying to help. Maybe this follow up will help someone else in the future.

Jan 11, 2020 6:20 AM in response to randy1200

Learn how to delete third-party apps that you've installed on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Delete an app

1. Touch and hold the app.
  2. Tap Delete App.
  3. Tap Delete.

If you delete an app, you don't automatically cancel any in-app subscriptions that you might have subscribed to. While deleting an app, you might see a Cancel Subscriptions option. Learn how to manage your subscriptions.

Remove (Kindle Reader?) Play Button from iPhone Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.