Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

prevent media app activation/display from lock screen on iPhone12

I have a problem that when my iphone 12 is off and in my pocket the controls for media apps like audible or voice dream reader (whichever I've used most recently) are displayed on my lock screen, and the players keep activating when I put my hand in my pocket, walk, etc. I want to prevent them from being activated from or even showing up on the lock screen, but I can't find where in settings I can prevent this from happening. I have searched through the support files and can't find the instructions on how to do this. Can someone please help?! It is very frustrating because every time I try to restart one of my books on tape it has advanced to a new location because it has begun playing in my pocket. Thank you

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:42 PM

I do close the apps, and they still show up on the lock screen. This is just very poor design and it's super inconvenient and frustrating. I like the battery life on the iPhone 12, but otherwise it's much more inconvenient to use in multiple ways than my previous iPhones.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 9, 2021 9:21 AM in response to fernette

Hello fernette,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Fro your post, it sounds like you want to disable the media screen after playing audio. We'll explain.

There is no setting on the iPhone to be able to do this. However, after some time, it should stop displaying that screen. You can also close the app that is using the media: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Feel free to leave any feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

prevent media app activation/display from lock screen on iPhone12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.