Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 - Album Art No Longer on Lock Screen

I don't know what happened but yesterday after updating to iOS 16 I was pleased as punch to see the album art from Music fill my Lock Screen with the player controls below but without rhyme or reason all I get is the player controls at the bottom of the screen with a miniature image of the album art on the left side.

The only thing that changed from updating and seeing the album art was connecting to CarPlay but even after clicking "Forget Car" in CarPlay settings it hasn't put the album art back on the Lock Screen as it did when I first updated.

Maybe it's a bug but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I'm thoroughly enjoying iOS 16 and while this is far from a major problem it's disappointing to have a feature just stop working seemingly for no reason.

Cheers! 👍🏽

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 10:33 AM

Well, never mind.

I feel stupid because the fix was really, really, really, really simple. I just had to click on the album art and it went back to being full screen! I remember pressing and holding hoping that would fix the issue but not simply just clicking the album art.

I like that the option is there as the album art blocks the widgets so having the ability to have the album art be full screen or not is a great option when I want view my widgets.

False alarm but at least I learned something. 😅

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 10:33 AM in response to incredibilistic

Well, never mind.

I feel stupid because the fix was really, really, really, really simple. I just had to click on the album art and it went back to being full screen! I remember pressing and holding hoping that would fix the issue but not simply just clicking the album art.

I like that the option is there as the album art blocks the widgets so having the ability to have the album art be full screen or not is a great option when I want view my widgets.

False alarm but at least I learned something. 😅

iOS 16 - Album Art No Longer on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.