Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

So, I have had this bug for so long ever since iOS 14 release date. (I would have thought they would have fixed it by now) Anyways, I really don't think it is my phone that it is the problem, but it might be. The problem is that the album cover art will not show and will just show a white/black (depending on if you are in light or dark mode) screen where the cover art was supposed to be. I really wish that someone would do something about this. I also have noticed that the more of the full screen display and animated cover art for some newer albums were not playing at all or just playing as a small album... I am not really sure why this happens. I know this is not a big deal, but its not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:12 PM

Hello adamforshad,

It appears you are experiencing an issue with cover art and Apple Music. We want to help.

Do you have Apple Music on more than one device? Does the issue occur on all devices, or just this one?

If you delete the album or track, and add it back, does the album art appear?

Be sure that the device is up to date. Just as a reminder, here are the different ways available to update iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

Have a great day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 2:12 PM in response to adamforshad

Hello adamforshad,

It appears you are experiencing an issue with cover art and Apple Music. We want to help.

Do you have Apple Music on more than one device? Does the issue occur on all devices, or just this one?

If you delete the album or track, and add it back, does the album art appear?

Be sure that the device is up to date. Just as a reminder, here are the different ways available to update iOS: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Be sure to follow the instructions on how to make a backup of your data before updating.

Have a great day.

Apr 15, 2021 5:55 AM in response to adamforshad

Hello adamforshad,

Based on the additional issues with the Music app, we would suggest removing the app, and reinstalling it.

Information on how to delete and reinstall the app is available here: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home screen on your iOS 14 or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Be sure to back up the iPhone before removing the app. Here is how: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Keep in mind that any music downloaded to the device will be removed and have to be downloaded again.

Cheers.

Apr 14, 2021 2:38 PM in response to Leanne_68

Yes, my iphone is up to date. It says it is at 14.4.2 . I think it might occur to other people, but it might just be me. I’ve tried to delete it and download it again, and that has not worked unfortunately. I’ve tried restarting my phone, and it still doesn’t work...

I will put a picture of it to demonstrate the problem below. (there should be a cover art that says “Top 100 Japan”)

I’ve also noticed that if you play a music video then turn your phone off it will get stuck. (note: It couldn’t get a video of it)

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.