Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turbo tax 2019 not running

Turbotax 2019 was running fine on my machine until I upgraded OS to Catalina 10.15.2. Now when I try to start it, I get a brief "verifying" message and then nothing. I've tried control-clicking the Turbo icon to get it started, and that is the result. What's up? Turbo tax has not been helpful thus far.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2020 9:01 AM

Try deleting and reloading the TurboTax app. In my experience TT is pretty fussy about the HW/SW platform it’s running on, and if things change on the user end, it seems to

think it’s trying to open on a different “system” than the one it was originally loaded on.

7 replies

Jan 31, 2020 11:32 AM in response to TurboTax2019

First, have you emptied the Trash after you’ve dragged the app to it? If not that can sometimes short circuit the normal uninstall process. If that hasn’t helped, open your ~/Library and the Application Support folder inside of it. Look for a file named TurboTax XX 2019 and drag it to the trash. Get out of Application Support and find the Preferences folder. There’s a file in there called com.intuit.turbotax.2019.plist. Drag that to the trash and empty the trash. Restart your computer and try the install from scratch. Come back if that doesn’t fix the problem and let you open the app.

turbo tax 2019 not running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.