Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar „Virus”

Hey,

last week I’ve started receiving weird notifications though my Apple calendar...

I have read online that such notifications can be edited and declined/deleted however it won’t let me edit mine...

every other day I get 2-3 notifications advising that I must click on a link or my iPhone can be hacked by “russian hackers”

can someone advise on how I can’t stop these notifications from popping up on my phone?

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:28 AM

To start off with, this is not a virus. You cannot get a virus on the iPhone. This is more like malware.

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they get will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. Another location you may find a problem is Profiles. Go to Settings>General>Profile, and see if there is a strange profile there, or one that matches the strange email account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 10:28 AM in response to klaudia129

To start off with, this is not a virus. You cannot get a virus on the iPhone. This is more like malware.

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they get will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. Another location you may find a problem is Profiles. Go to Settings>General>Profile, and see if there is a strange profile there, or one that matches the strange email account.

Calendar „Virus”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.