Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Breach of icloud?

Just received a phone call from “apple” stating that my icloud was breached twice; one from san diego and one from texas. He stated that they might be accessing my bank information and other private accounts and that the first thing we needed to do was to make sure my privacies and securities are correct. At that point in time i said that i was uncomfortable doing this over the phone, hung up, and contacted this community. Question is, will apple ever call and say there was a breach of security? Thanks! Megan R

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 10:41 AM

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2020 10:41 AM in response to Scoutnmeg

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Breach of icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.